Roles of a receptionist
Roles of a Receptionist
- Meet and greet client's.
- Book meeting's.
- Arranging couriers.
- Keeping the reception area clean and tidy.
- Screening call's.
- Sorting and distributing post.
- Answering and forwarding call's.
What kind of hardware components needed
- Intel Core i5 4150 3.50GHz (I have chosen this because it is a basic processor and because it has has the simplest use for word or windows).
- Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2 Motherboard (I have chosen this motherboard because it help's everything get the amount of proximity).
- 1TB (1000GB) Sata III Hard Drive (I have chosen this hard drive because it has the right amount of space for what a receptionist need's ).
- 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM (I have chosen this because it will allow the receptionist to have multiple application at once)
- AvP Mamba Gaming Case w/ Blue Fan (I have chosen this case because it will allow the motherboard to get the frequent air required to cool down the pc and a steady rate).
- 450W PSU (I have chosen this PSU because it will allow the right amount of power to everything connected to the pc).
- 24x DVD-RW Optical Drive (I have chosen this optical drive because it is simple and will allow the ICT engineer to buy software disc and apply then though is).
- Windows 7 32bit (I think they would use this because it is the common operating software to be used and it is very easy to get used to).
- Microsoft office (They would use this because they will need to make letters and spread sheets for the employer).
- AVG Software (This is a commonly used anti virus software as it will give you security on all types of possible places that you could get virus's from computer to email).
LAN & WAN
- LAN is a local area network and this is mainly used home, business's and school ect....
- WAN is a wide area network is a consistence of local networks around 2 or more this can provide different types of internet access such as public Internet or a private connection established by a third-party telecommunications provider.
Client server and Peer-To-Peer
- Client server is a central server provider that provides data to a number of workstations that are connected in a network.
- Peer to Peer is communications model in which each party has the same capabilities and either party can initiate a communication session.
- i would chose the client server because it would be most useful for a business of any type as it can be connect to multiply computers and you can use password so no authorized users can mess with your work
- Ring is network that connects from one node to another this will make a signal pathway from each node this is called a ring.
- bus is a network topology that is like the ring but is connected in a daisy chain is this mostly used in small networks.
- star is one of the most common network topology and it consists of one central switch, hub this acts as the central node . the switch is the server and the other peripherals are the clients.
- I would chose the star network topology because it is the most reliable and can be counted on to do what you need it to do and it will allow the computers to connect to the server.
Possible network issues
- the issue - server overload or crash . It can affect the company because they will not be able to use or sort out the server till the problem is identified . Have a back up save onto another server so if one goes down it will auto upload and install on to another to prevent loss of users.
- the issue - power cut. It will effect the company because all the server will be down and there will not be away to use any of them unless the power is consistent. They can prevent this by having either a back up generator or a solar panel the will transfer energy to a battery that will have a auto start up if there was a power cut.
- the issue - protection from any threats can be very hard as the servers can be very week and the security this can effect the company because if it lacks protection it can be very unreliable. to prevent this is to hire a professional security adviser and get help to make the firewall harder to breach.
- the issue - Virus's can effect the company because they can mess with servers and allow the sender of the virus access to anything that he wants. to prevent this is to have to day by day server downloader and have all that information put into a company owned storage facility.
Services provided by WAN and LAN
- file transfer
- WAN and LAN allows you to communicate with other people
- WAN and LAN allows you transfer data from one computer to another
- WAN and LAN has security on it so you can be protected
- WAN and LAN allows you to access the internet
Network connecting issues
- The wireless device that needs connect will need to allow the install of the access to allow the user to connect and use the internet. This can effect the company because if one device cant connect then there may be more that cant connect. The company can prevent this by giving their employees devices that a already authorised access.
- The Ethernet cable can be broken and become unusable. this can effect the company because if there is one that is damaged there is always another that has not been found and fixed. the company can stop this by having hourly or daily checks to make sure the Ethernet cable is fully operational.
- open source licence ( this allows the software to be modified and or shared under defined terms and conditions).
- single user licence ( this software is only licensed to be used for only one user and is forbidden to be modified or even shared).
- multi user licence ( this software is most popular with company's as they allow the one licensed software to be used on multiple computers so more than one user can be using the product at once).
- i would use the open source because the main tech guys can modify them to only allow the users to use a certain part or the software and they can be shared between users as well).
Software installation flow chart
- Step 1 - You will enter the computer's BIOS's.
- Step 2 - Find your BIOS's boot option's menu.
- Step 3 - Select the CD-ROM drive to first boot device of you computer.
there are many things needed to make a establishment work for example
you need a well configured network for example the bus data link as all the stations receive the same amount of resources like network connection speed and the best thing it works very well for small networks. This Topology is mostly used when a business is just starting but as it grows the better the equipment and Topology will have to be a lot bigger so it can have more computer's connected to the network and this will network will make it easier to make sure no one is doing something there not meant to do.