Disadvantages Of Global Warming -
- Ocean circulation disrupted, disrupting and having unknown effects on world climate.
- Higher sea level leading to flooding of low-lying lands and deaths and disease from flood and evacuation.
- Deserts get drier leaving to increased desertification.
- Changes to agricultural production that can lead to food shortages.
- Water shortages in already water-scarce areas.
- Starvation, malnutrition, and increased deaths due to food and crop shortages.
- More extreme weather and an increased frequency of severe and catastrophic storms.
- Increased disease in humans and animals.
Advantages of Global Warming -
- Arctic, Antarctic, Siberia, and other frozen regions of earth may experience more plant growth and milder climates.
- The next ice age may be prevented from occurring.
- Northwest Passage through Canada's formerly-icy north opens up to sea transportation.
- Less need for energy consumption to warm cold places.
- Fewer deaths or injuries due to cold weather.
- Longer growing seasons could mean increased agricultural production in some local areas.
- Mountains increase in height due to melting glaciers, becoming higher as they rebound against the missing weight of the ice.
- Boundary disputes between countries over low-lying islands will disappear.
Global warming may have bad consequences for man and his society, and other species of Earth life. At the same time, it could promote or benefit certain living things. The basis for global warming is an increase in carbon dioxide, which will at least initially benefit most plant life on Earth. Another basis is an increase in temperature which will affect the climate. It may also turn some fertile lands into desert, causing famine.