The Spanish 3 Nations Project
Tell us all about your country...
This project has 3 parts.
Part One: Poster for an exhibit
- Create a poster on large poster board (see an example below).
- Draw an outline of your country and fill it with a collage of photos from that country.
- interesting people
- traditional dress
- chief exports/imports
- famous musicians/types of music
- symbol for the country (e.g. bald eagle for US)
- etc.--be creative!
- In the margins of your poster, include these quick facts that people will record in their notes
- population density/total population
- average summer/winter temps
- current political leader and form of government
- typical food/national dish
- 3 most popular languages spoken
- civil war dates if applicable
- list of any gangs and approximate number of members
- famous movies, famous athletes
- national sport
Part Two: Create a tourism video/presentation
- Include information that would motivate your audience to visit your country. Ideas include:
- fun, popular pastimes
- famous people
- tourist attractions
Part Three: Create a brochure that accompanies your presentation
- Include information that will help your audience remember why they should come visit
- Write a Past Tense (Preterite/Imperfect) story about the history or a famous person
- must be at least 5 sentences
- Use Subjunctive to tell people what they should do there/why they should go there
- must have at least 5 subjunctive sentences
- Use Commands
- must have at least 3 commands