Mahindra Scorpio: Its Various Models
SUV’s have always remained popular vehicles for their ability to traverse across off-roads, i.e. driving on unsurfaced roads or even tracks that are made of materials such as gravel, sand, snow, mud, rocks or any other types of terrain. These vehicles have always remained popular ‘adventure’ vehicles that people in India use for various road-trips and adventure trips. This segment has also extended to include luxury SUV’s and also serve as excellent family cars.
However, if there is an SUV which is known to dominate the Indian market, it has got to be the Mahindra SUV. This vehicle, which was launched in India in the year of 2002, has been known to have a wide variety of models that have been launched till date.
Some of the different models include:
1) Mahindra Scorpio LX: Being the base model, this vehicle has many advanced features such as mHawk engine, collapsible steering column, digital immobilizer, crash protection crumple zone, sporty bonnet scoop, illuminated spoiler and tubeless tyre’s. 4WD version was introduced in the LX trim In November 2011.
2) Mahindra Scorpio Getaway: This particular model is powered by a 2.6L, 2609cc and diesel engine. It is useful for only BS (Bharat stage) III emission norms, and therefore is not available in metro cities.
3) Mahindra Scorpio SLE: An upgraded version, this model has additional features such as air dams and mud flaps, ABS (Anti-lock braking system), front fog lamps, electrically operated ORVMs (outer rear view mirrors), voice assist system and middle row sliding seats.
4) Mahindra Scorpio VLX: Yet another upgraded version, this model has additional features such as sporty decals, anti pinch smart windows, alloy wheels, audio controls on the steering wheel, cruise control, dual airbags, 2 Din (Deutsches Institut für Normung) audio system, micro hybrid technology, intellipark, blue vision bulbs and tyre tronics (a feature that gives the person live updates regarding the exact air pressure & temperature in each tyre. It also helps to ensure that the tyres have adequate pressure thereby enhancing safety and tyre life.)
5) Mahindra Scorpio VLX AT: A premium model, it has an additional feature of an automatic transmission gearbox.
6) Mahindra Scorpio VLX 4WD: Another premium model, this vehicle is equipped with dual airbags, 4WD and ABS.
Some of the key differentiating factors of this SUV over others are its mHawk engine, Micro Hybrid technology use, voice assist system, dual front airbags and anti-lock braking system. Besides this, a hybrid version of this vehicle has also been launched that is diesel-electric hybrid vehicle; a Scorpio that is driven on bio-diesel.
A legendary vehicle that meets global standards, the Scorpio has led to the SUC sector to become one of the fastest growing segments in the auto industry. Available in a wide range of colours, depending on the model this vehicle is surely a delight for car enthusiasts. Moreover, Mahindra offers the option for customers to customise their vehicles, creating a unique style to give a great feel to the vehicle. Besides the interior enhancements or the exterior upgrades, there selection of components if huge.
So, make a wise selection when you take home your Scorpio!