Why People Are Talking About The Clear Creek Independent School District
- Ranked the best large school district in the Houston Metropolitan Area (Children at Risk Non-profit, Houston Chronicle)
- Named a “Top Workplace in Houston” by the Houston Chronicle for two years in a row
- 93% of our community would recommend CCISD to a friend (Baselice & Associates 2014)
- Home to the Texas Superintendent of the Year (2012) and the Texas Elementary Teacher of the Year (2013)
- A member of the Texas High Performance Schools Consortium
- Four high schools ranked among the top high schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Reports
- Two elementary schools nominated as National Blue Ribbon Schools
- One tablet computer per student in grades 4 through 12 by August 2015
- The only Education Village in Texas (Kindergarten through 12th grade)
- CCISD students perform above the state and national average on the SAT and ACT
- Nationally recognized visual and performing arts programs
- Competitive athletic programs at both intermediate and high school levels
- Strong college and career preparatory programs
- Variety of education opportunities to meet the needs and interests of all students
- High performing and highly valued network of PTAs
- Updated school facilities and state-of-the art technology through 2013 Bond program
- CCISD students exceed all state standards under STAAR
Moving to CCISD this Summer?
If you don't know where you'll be moving, you can review potential schools on our website or if you have a home or apartment address, click on the button below to find which school of our 44 campuses you are zoned to attend. Don't worry, all of our schools are great educational environments for children, but you must live within the district boundaries.
Once you are settled at an address, you will need important documentation to register your child. At this time, CCISD does not have online registration. Families will need to register at the campus. Below is a link to the important documents you will need to bring with you.
Getting to Know CCISD
We know moving during the summer can be a large transition in itself and we don't want you to worry about your child transitioning to a new school. Here are some summer opportunities to get you and your family settled into a great school district. First, visit our Tomorrow Begins Today website where there are links to informative videos, presentations, and answers to your questions about Elementary (K-5), Intermediate (6-8) and High School (9-12).
Second, get acclimated with your neighborhood schools during new student orientation events. Elementary schools will have 'meet the teacher' events prior to the start of school. Intermediate (6-8) and High School orientation dates vary by campus.
Unique Programs in CCISD
There are many learning opportunities awaiting your child in the Clear Creek Independent School District. We have robotics, magnet programs for Gifted and Talented as well as for science enthusiasts, dual language, project-based learning, one computer per student, and much, much more! Below are videos of some of our flagship offerings but be sure to visit "The Parent Section" to check them all out.
Buddy Up with a CCISD Parent!
We have a team of CCISD Parent Ambassadors ready to make you feel welcome in our district as well as answer any questions you may have about your child's school, the campus leadership, volunteer opportunities and more. They have a good handle on the ins and outs of CCISD. Click on the image below, and one of our ambassadors will be in touch.
If you drive by some of our schools, you may see a lot of construction crews and orange cones. While it may not be good for first impressions, we are very excited about the $367 million in improvements that our awesome taxpayers entrusted us to spend. Every school in our district will be positively impacted by this capital improvement program. We are especially pleased to kick-off three major construction projects this summer - the rebuild of Clear Lake High Schooland McWhirter Elementary as well as the construction of Challenger Columbia Stadium.
Just Scoping out the Area?
Click on CCISD’s Official City Lodging Sponsor below to find accommodations for your next visit to the Bay Area.
If we have not yet sold you on the Clear Creek Independent School District or if you just need more information, give us a call at 281-284-0020, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at the address below!