BY ; RACHEL, Cole, Connor, Evan, Cody
What does Garfield, simba, Richard Parker , and Alex the lion have in common? All of these names aren't people , they are famous cats! Today we are going to talk about an African lion! In this wild adventure with the African lion we will talk about many things. It's unusual diet, strange, habitat, conversation, and a description on this amazing creature.
Did you know that an African lion eats rotten wood if it can’t find any meat? African lions are carnivores. African lions eat zebras to provide them with energy. Also sometimes an African lion will eat Wilda besets in the forest. African lions look in the lake for fish for nutrients. Did you know that an African lion will sometimes eat locust, porcupines, fish, snakes, and turtles when they can’t find anything else?!
farmers destroy a lion’s habitat to plant fruits and trees.They live in the grassy plains to run through the grass and eat the grass. They also live in the open woodlands for the shade and they can rest under the trees. They live in the savannas for the sand to hide. They also can camouflage with the sand to catch prey. They live in the dry areas to find more food.
Do you know how much a lion weighs? A lion’s weight is up to three hundred pounds to five hundred pounds. Also,African lions are up to four and a half to six and a half feet long. lions are up to four feet tall. African lions can grow up to four feet tall! They are also forty eight inches wide.
Did you know builders can destroy their habitat by making houses and buildings? African lions sometimes die because of climate control which is caused by people ! Diseases can kill African lions and that's another reason they are critically endangered . The government can tell people to build or make new roads that can kill them by destroying their habitat. People can kill lions for their meat and their fur.
If you don’t want these precious little creatures to be extinct don’t kill them for their fur and meat! Don’t destroy their habitat which makes them die.
thank you for reading this story! Hope you enjoyed! Thank you for reading this story about An African lion! J Hope you had a wild adventure
10 Fun Facts!
1. African lions are the most social big cats and live together in groups called Prides. A pride consists of about 15 lions.
2. Male lions defend their territory while the females do most of the hunting. despite of the males eat first.
3. There is majestic threatened of habitat loss. The lion is listed Vulnerable.
4. The lion was once found throughout Africa, Asia and Europe but now exists only in Africa with one exception. The last remaining Asiatic lions found in Susan- Gir National Park in India, which was primarily created to protect the species. currently there are approx. 350+400 lions in the park
5. A lions roar can be heard from as far as 5 miles
6. A lion can run for a short distances 50 mph and leap as far as 36 feet.
7. Even though the lion sometimes referred to as king of the jungle it actually only lives in the grassy lands and plains. The expression may have come from an incorrect association between Africa and jungles or may refer to a less literal meaning of the world jungle.
8. A good gauge of a male lion's age is darkness of his mane. The darker its mane the older the lion is.
9.A lion heels don't touch when they walk.
10. A lion may sleep up to 20 hours a day.
Did you know?
In the wild the females usually catch the food and the males eat first and the females eat second and the cubs eat last and that is also another reason the are critically endangered. Did you know that an African lion is Vulnerable.
I hope you enjoyed! I also hope you learned something.
Carnivore- It's An animal that only eats meat
Prides- means that it is a group that contains about 15 lions
Habitat- Were an lion lives or basically a home
Conversation- Means their threats
Diet- what they eat
Do you have any Questions?
Here is another fun Video
Hope you enjoyed!