North Star SWAT Team Online Film Festival
Film Festival Rules and Guidelines
The goal of the NS SWAT Team Film Festival is to promote creativity and video creation within elementary schools in the Albuquerque Public Schools. We challenge you to create a video with a mobile device! No need to rent special gear or a studio. Whether you have access to an iPad, Android, Windows Surface Tablet, iPad Mini, iPod Touch, you have a film studio in the palm of your hand! All you need is a video editing application and a camera and you're set!
Animation, Adventure, Narrative, Comedy, Trailer, Sci-Fi, Thriller
1. One entry per person. Entries can include other students in videos, but only the name of one student can enter a video. One video entry per student. Students must be enrolled in an APS Elementary school and be in a grade Kindergarten through fifth grade.
2. Maximum length of any film (credits included) is 4 minutes.
3. Entries must be completed during the 2016-2017 school year.
4. All entries must be "G" rated for all ages.
5. All students who enter must have an APS media release on file with their school. You can ask your school clerk if you have a media release signed in your school office.
6.Videos must include an opening title with the creator name as well as closing credits, which musts include all participants (including writers, directors, cast, crew, camera operators, and music). One prize per video will be given in the event of a winning video.
7. Entries must be submitted before midnight on March 3, 2017. Submission window is from March 1, 2017-March 3, 2017.
8. All images, music, and video must be the original work of the student and proper copyright citations do apply. You may use royalty-free images or music as long as you cite your sources. Any videos using copy-written material without consent will be disqualified.
9. Parents may provide help to the student, but this work should reflect the work of the student and not the parent.
Students may begin the entry process beginning Wednesday, March 1, 2017 through midnight on March 3, 2017.
Videos must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, or other video sharing sites that includes a URL. Once you obtain the link, you will share with this link: SUBMIT VIDEO
One entry per student. The North Star SWAT Team will judge the videos and there will be three top awards presented (no matter the category) for the first place, second place, and third place videos. Videos will be judged based on a rubric (see below).
By submitting a video entry, the contestants and their parents grant the North Star SWAT Team the right to publish the film in whole or part in any medium and have full permission and consent for all individuals who appear in the film.
One prize per video will be awarded should the video win either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place.
- First place video: Sphero ($130 value)
- Second place video: Osmo Genius Kit ($100 value)
- Third place video: $25 iTunes Gift Card ($25 value)
All questions should be directed to April Requard (email@example.com)
Your video will be judged by the North Star SWAT Team and will be judged on the following elements:
- Opening Titles
- Special Effects
- Video Editing and Continuity
- Audio Editing
- Sound Design
- Closing Credits
- Pacing of story
- Interest, Purpose, and Category