8MEH.2.2 Title: The Decision-Making Model
A not so popular student has invited you to a sleep over at a birthday party on friday night. You have accepted the invitation and are planning to attend. On Wednesday, you are invited to a boy-girl for the same Friday night by one of the most popular students in your school, someone you have hoped to become friends with. After talking with your friends, you realize most of them will attend the party you responded to first. You really want to be a part of the popular crowd. What do you do?
2. Options: Go to the unpopular party or go to the most popular party.
3. One possible outcome is that I go to the popular party and then have lots of friends. Another possible outcome is that I go to the unpopular party and have little friends
4. My values are that I could go to the unpopular party and have friends I can trust later on in life. Another value is that if I go to the popular party I will have more friends but wouldn't be able to trust them as much.
5. I choose to go to the unpopular party and the popular party should understand why. In plus most of my friends will be there because we all like to hang out together anyway and I know they are my friends later on in life.
6. I noticed that I made the right choice because I had lots of fun with little of my friends than being crowded.
You are an eighth student. Since the seventh grade you have been on the junior varsity cheerleading squad. You recently tried out for the varsity team next year. You were notified that you made the team. The cheerleading sponsor informs you that you can longer be in band if you are cheering on Varsity football nights, since the band marches during half time at the football games. You have been in band since fifth grade and have really enjoyed being in the band and going on band trips. Next year the band is going to Disney World. What do you do?
2. Options: Do I stay in Band or Do Cheerleading.
3. One possible outcome is that I can go to trips out of the state and other places. Another outcome is that I can go to every game without paying and my parents can watch me.
4. My values is that I could go to other states and have the best time ever when we go. Another outcome is that I can see every football team and I will be very popular.
5. I choose to stay in band because school football are not going to other states. Band will go to many states and we will have fun in plus I can make friends in band.
6. I think I chose the right choice because I have great times in band.