What is telemedicine?
The use of telecommunication and information technologies in order to provide clinical health care at a distance. It helps eliminate distance barriers and can improve access to medical services that would often not be consistently available in distant rural communities.
Advantages of Telemedicine
1.Increases access to health care
2. Improves health outcomes
3. Reduces healthcare and other costs
4. Supports clinical education programs
1. Decrease human interaction with the specialists
2. longer time connecting due to bad internet problems
3. low quality of health informatics records
Examples telemedicine has been used
1. UC Davis Medical Center
2. Talking to your doctor off of your computer from your home
In this video the doctor uses his smartphone to get his patients x ray from where they are to the Mayo Clinic