Upright Bass For Sale – Some Tips To Help You Make The Right Purchase
If you are a musician, you will definitely appreciate the kind of depth and elegance that an upright bass can bring to your musical creation. And if you actually do play this instrument, chances are you may already be in love with it. Jazz music has totally been defined by this one instrument and any serious singer or even a guitar player will try their hands on the Bass at least once. So if you are actually trying to buy an upright bass for sale, here are a few tips to help you make the right choice.
But first you will have to understand a simple concept. As a firm believer of the old school of music playing, I have go to point out that the double bass always scores a point over the e-bass. The actual tonal quality of the instrument is enough to make your musical sense go on a crazy ride. So this article will mostly be about finding the best traditional upright bass for sale. Here goes...!
- First of all, you will have to make your peace with the cost factor. The double bass will always be a tad more expensive than any mass produced e-bass for sale. In fact, your beginner quality double bass is going to cost you around the same amount of money as a significantly sophisticated e-bass. Buy hey.. good quality does come for a price, doesn’t it!
- The material used to manufacture your upright bass for sale will have a huge bearing on the quality of the instrument you are buying. This is why it is always better to buy an instrument from an experienced maker rather than a mass producing agency. This professional will pick out only the best of everything to fashion the best instrument for your musical needs.
- Double basses can be divided into two categories according to the wood which is used to produce a double bass: carved basses and those made of laminated woods.
- Upright basses in the carved variety are carved out of a single block of wood – at least the top arch and back of the instrument. This requires a lot of work to be done on a large chunk of material which is easy to get wrong.
- The laminated variety is made from veneered wood with their top and bottom being formed by means of presses. In terms of robustness as well as economy, these upright basses for sale are a much better choice over their counterparts. However certain ideal tones can only be achieved with the means of a carved bass.
- While carved basses is constantly threatened by cracks caused e.g. by careless transport or effects of the weather, the laminated wood which consists of several layers of wood glued together is more insensitive. This makes them easy to handle and transport.
With these basics in mind, you will definitely be able to find the right upright bass for sale for your needs. Zaretandsonsviolins.com is one website that will solve all your needs.
About The Author
Tony McWilliams is a stringed musical instrument expert who likes to share his immense knowledge about the topic through the many articles and blogs he writes. His recommendation for buying cellos and violins for sale would be from ZaretAndSonsViolins.com – the world renowned bass bar inventor company whose stringed instruments are considered to be top class by the music fraternity.