Pasto's Week in Review
I had a great week in the sun & sand dunes of #OBX. Here are some trip highlights:
- Friday we stopped in Newport News, VA so we were able to visit with my friends Justin & Robin since they are only about 30 mins away from there.
- Saturday, my nieces (and dad) decided to get me an ice cream sundae for breakfast via a Happy Birthday serenade from all my favorite IHOP waiters.
- We also stopped at a really cool Farm Market about 20 mi. north of OBX.
- Oh and we finally made it to the beach.
- Sunday was a beach day. Shayna & I decided to drive north to Nags Head to find beach chairs & have dinner at Miller's Waterfront Restaurant (had a very tasty Oregon-inlet Blackened Tuna streak for dinner). See the "dinner views" in the photo set ... they were gorgeous.
- Monday we traveled south to Ocracoke Island (that's where Blackbeard died) where I purchased a fancy new replica of his pirate flag.
- The next two days were beach days. We spent time building sand castles, chasing crabs, burying people in the sand, digging craters in the sand, watching people swim out to the Salvo Shipwreck, and (of course) drinking on the beach.