The purpose of the Junior Women's Auxiliary at Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church is to advance the work of the kingdom, which is our primary and foremost mission. We will support the efforts of our church, St. John Regular Baptist association, and Missionary Baptist General Convention of Texas as it relates to outreach, evangelism and the training of women from the ages of 18-40. We work together in Christian love to create a ministry that cultivates the bonds of sisterhood and promotes a spirit of unity. We study to show ourselves approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
The activities of the Junior Women Auxiliary include, but are not limited to: Outreach, training, community activities, and workshops.
GHMBC Junior Mission Outing!
For our last outing we decided to play BINGO! This event was open to anyone we wanted to invite! It was a blast sharing this social event with our Pastor and significant others. After four sessions we called it quits and headed over to Cheddars to eat. No, we didn't win anything, but we were just happen not to be the guy who spent $200 and didn't win either. Stay posted for our next social date!
We have agreed to Co-Host this years Take it to the Streets Evangelism Regional Meeting. What an amazing opportunity for us to go beyond the walls of the church and bring souls to Christ! Below you will find a recap of our ideas for making this event a success!
- We discussed possibly hosting a "Painting with a Twist" type of setting for the social on Friday night. Participants will be able to enjoy a relaxing painting party with snacks, music, sparkling grape juice, laughter and art! The idea is to find someone to teach the class for a minimal fee and ask each participating woman to make a donation to contribute to an offering for this teachers time. Hosting churches will be responsible for purchasing snack items, drinks, utensils, canvases etc. Danielle Jackson will attempt to borrow as many painting materials as possible. Canvases can be purchased at Walmart for approx. $80 for a set of 30. Below you will find some possible Picture Items. This event would be hosted in one of the hotels conference rooms.
- For the evangelism opportunity the ideas that were suggested were: Texas Baptist Children's Home, Ronald McDonald House, Children's Hospital, ARCH Homeless Shelter, Battered Women's Shelter, The Annunciation Maternity Home for Pregnant Teens. In what capacity we could help is still being decided.
- Hotel accommodations were not decided upon. The general consensus is that the hotel should be located near the evangelism opportunity.
- It was previously decided that the worship/ lunch activities for Saturday would take place at E. 19th Street Baptist Church.
- For the Service for Saturday, we would like to invite a wide range of talent. While we do not want to service to be lengthy, we would like to have a good showing. This should include guest choirs, praise dancers, ushers, ministers, speakers, etc.
If you have any further recommendations please leave comments below. Any suggestion is a GOOD SUGGESTION. We need everyone's input if this event is to be a success.
Sow a Seed Campaign
We have signed up to support the District Junior Mission in the Sow a Seed Campaign for the months of March, May, and July. We are responsible for purchasing items to fill a care package for one of three families. The district will provide us with an information packet describing the family and their likes and needs. The baskets should be themed for the month in which we chose to sponsor the family. Our months are:
- March- We have decided to theme this basic "A Day at the Park". This can include picnic items, spring activities, games to play while outside, food, snacks, etc.
- May- We wanted to theme this basic "Summer Fun." You got it! We want all things Summer for this basket. Think beach balls, floaties, flip flops, sun glasses, etc!
- July- This basket will be themed "Fourth of July". We would like to include fireworks (kid friendly), clothing items for the festivities, and anything else you can think of to bring the Fourth of July in with a BANG!
We encourage you to please wait until we have information on the family that we will be sponsoring before purchasing items. It will be important to know gender, likes, allergies, etc before purchasing items.
PLEASE NOTE: We have agreed to change our meetings to the 1st Saturday of every month! Please mark this date on your calendar!
Please use the comment stream below to add your comments AND to let me know that you read the newsletter! It is imperative that if we are only going to meet once a month that we communicate effectively through other means. Thanks!
Yours in Him,
Danielle Jackson - GHMBC JMWA President