Using Aware to Create Online Tests
Presented by Coral Hoyt
Your Options for Using an Online Test
1. A teacher created test
2. A district created unit test
Option 1: Using a Teacher Created Test
This option allows you to create your own test using resources in Aware or your own questions.
Option 2: Using a District Created Unit Test
This option allows you to use a district unit test to assess your students without using a scantron
*This option requires no prep!
Starting an Online Test
Once you have chosen the option you would like for online testing, starting an online test is as easy as a couple steps!
Directing Your Students Where to Go
After you have started the test in Aware, your students are ready to take the test.
Your students will need to know a few things:
1. They need the link to the site were they will take the test (https://eduphoria.ccisd.net/Aware/OnlineTesting) . You can post the link in itslearning, email it to them, or have them bookmark it.
2. Students need to know their username and password. IMPORTANT- Their password to login to this site DOES NOT have the two zeros in front of it.
Screenshots of a Test in Aware
Some Helpful Hints:
- By clicking the "T" button at the bottom right, students can highlight important text in the question or answer choice.
- Right-clicking an answer choice will allow students to "strike through", or cross off, incorrect answer choices.
- Have students click "Save Test" periodically to save their answers in case their power dies or they loose internet connectivity.
- Students MUST click "Score Test" for the test to be graded.
- You can print a scantron for individual students in the event that their test does not work properly or they prefer to use a scantron.
Accessing the Grades & Data in Aware
You access grades in Aware similarly to how you are used to. District created unit tests will be in the same spot that they always were before; teacher created tests will be labeled under "Teacher Test."