- A person working at a junior level to someone else.
- A highly structured pattern of offices and posts involving a number of layers of command.
- posts involving similar levels of power and authority.
Span of control
- The number of people that a person manages or supervises directly.
- A system having an established structure in which people work and deal with one another in a coordinated and cooperative way to meet certain objectives.
- An organisation with relatively few layers between the top and bottom.
- Tall organisation
- An organisation with many different levels in a hierarchy.
- A diagram Illustrating the roles and relationships within an organisation.