Nowland (6) 4 - 20 - 2014
ACC / The University of Texas at Austin
Austin Community College
- Average general fee is 13$ per credit hour.
- The Pinnacle campus for ACC is small and all classes are located in one high-rise building.
- This year, 45,100 students have attended the ACC district.
- ACC has over 250 degree plans available for students.
- ACC was founded in the fall of 1973.
- ACC is known to have student organized study groups.
- ACC does not have fraternity or sorority groups or organizations.
- ACC, along with UT, are the two largest (out of seven) institutions of higher education in the region.
- Each ACC commencement includes special medals for graduating veterans as an appreciation for their service.
- During graduation, the students wear a special colored tassel for their area of study.
The University of Texas at Austin
- Tuition for UT is around 5,000$ per semester for a residential student.
- There are around 50,000 students attending UT this year.
- Automatically accepts the top 10% of a graduating high school class.
- Average ACT score of students accepted was a 28 and the average SAT score was a score of 1859.
- Campus is said to feel busy but also laid back and friendly.
- UT has been ranked in the top 25 globally in recent years.
- Most students at UT are friendly and helpful so its easy to form study groups for challenging classes.
- "There is am immense amount of social groups at UT. Every day I see booths lining Speedway headed by some new student organization trying to recruit members. Even the sports clubs are east to drop into on meeting days." -Alex Ramirez
- There is a traditional "Hex Rally" that are held before every big rivalry game that are filled with lit candles and fight songs sung to "curse" the other team into losing.
- The school song is always sung at the end of every home game and event at the school.
The International Culinary School at the Art Institute of California-Los Angeles
- Takes two years to earn an associates degree for pastry and baking.
- About 1,500$ per course which around a quarter of a year long so about 6,000$ per year.
- High school diploma required. SAT and ACT scores pretty much ignored.
- Apartmetn complexes on campus are rented through the school and you get assigned two roommates per apartment.
- Provide culinary arts programs along with culinary management programs and classes.
- So many different creative minds all around campus who influence each others work and creative expression.
- The campus has a special restaurant named Bistro 23 which is fully operated by the culinary students and open to all students to dine in.
- "It was so easy to get into. So easy that my mom saw a commercial on tv and said to me 'hey you could do that'. I was enrolled in a week."
- During the culinary program you make bread everyday to reach the level of consistency and perfection for something fairly basic to reach you that practice makes perfect.
"Austin Community College District." Find The Best. FindTheBest, 2013. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
"Austin Community College." Encotech. Encotech, -. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
"Commencement Traditions." Austin Community College. ACC, -. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
"Community Profile." Leander Chamber of Commerce. Leander Chamber of Commerce, -. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
Murphy, Charliee. "About Art Institute of California." Personal interview. 12 Apr. 2014.
Ramirez, Alex D. "About UT." Personal interview. 13 Apr. 2014.
Ramirez, Diana E. "About UT." Personal interview. 13 Apr. 2014.
"Traditional Tuition." Tuition Costs : Tuition Dollars & Sense. University Communications, 25 Mar. 2014. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.
"Tuition & Fees Chart." Austin Community College. ACC, Autumn 2013. Web. 21 Apr. 2014.
"The University of Texas at Austin." 2013 SAT/ACT Scores. Be a Longhorn, 10 Mar. 2013. Web. 20 Apr. 2014.