Amalfi Coast Capri Bike & Walk
5 day cycling and walking tour
Three exciting destinations in this tour; the Amalfi coast, Capri and the island of Ischia. Stretching along the southern side of the Sorrentine Peninsula, the Amalfi Coast is one of Europe’s most breathtaking coastlines. Cliffs terraced with scented lemon groves sheer down into sparkling seas; whitewashed villas cling precariously to unforgiving slopes while sea and sky merge in one vast blue horizon. Luxuriant and extraordinary, Capri offers a mix of history, nature, worldliness, culture and events that daily blend together to bring the island to life. Ischia is one of the main islands in the Gulf of Naples and is known for its wild beauty, for its mild climate and its natural hot springs which make it a prized destination.
Check out what the Amalfi Coast and Capri have to offer
- Explore Positano, the pearl of the Amalfi coast with its colored houses and quaint shops
- Enjoy Amalfi and its ceramic shops, hidden alleyways and beach-side restaurants
- Discover Castello Aragones near the port of Ischia.
- Relax in Ravello, with its ravishing gardens and stupendous views
- Take a walk on the wild side through the Ferriere valley
- Scale Ischia's extinct volcano to enjoy a 360 degree view of the island
- Take a cruise from Salerno and enjoy memorable views of the coast
- Explore Capri's seaside cave at the Grotta Azzurra.
- Pamper yourself with an afternoon at one of Ischia's natural thermal springs.
- Enjoy a walking tour to see the villas built on Capri by Emperor Tiberius
- Head up to the summit of Monte Solaro and enjoy an exceptional view of Capri
- Stroll through mountain side lemon groves near the village of Pontine
This tour can be linked to the Naples Walking Tour
Best Time To GO: April, May, June, September and October
- Total Distance: 171 km (106 mi)
- Daily Average: 34 km (21 mi)
- Arrival: Sorrento, Italy
- Departure: Ischia, Italy
- Duration: 5 days
- Additional Days: 3
- Terrain: Hilly
- Difficulty: High
- Number of Climbs: 14
- Climbs vs Total Distance: 34%
- Meters/Feet Climbed: 5266 m (17277 ft)
- M./Ft, Climbed per day: 1053 m (3455 ft)
- Max/Min Altitude: 695/0 m (2280/0 ft)
- Average Grade: 3.15%
Google Earth Tour Map
Best Viewed on your PC - Google Earth required - (FREE download available) - Click on Button below to view all the details about this tour on your PC. (This file cannot be viewed on your tablet or iPad)
View on your PC. Will not open on your table or iPad
Need help with our Google Earth Maps? NO PROBLEM check out our User Guide below
Main Route Maps
WEB Page Link - Condensed Day Maps
Select a day to view route map information without the associated details (places to see, accommodations etc.) on your Web Browser. Google Earth not required to view these maps
Support The Touring Hub
The Touring Hub is a project aimed at sharing information about interesting places to visit in a sustainable and responsible fashion. We are committed to provide FREE accurate and complete information on all the destinations that are listed on this site. If you like what you see and feel compelled to support us, we will happily accept any donation you would like to make. THANKS.