5 things I learned About The Alamo
1. The Mexican army arrived on Feb. 23, 1836 led by General Santa Anna
2. William Travis, the commander of the Alamo.
3. The Alamo remains hallowed ground and the shrine of Texas Liberty.
4. The Alamo was a key to the defense of Texas and they were ready to give their lives than rather giving their position to General Santa Anna.
5. the defenders held out for 13 days against General Santa Anna Mexican army.
6. among the Alamo's garrison were Jim Bowie and David Crockett, famed frontiersman and former congressman from Tennessee.