TEXAS UNIVERSITY AT AUSTIN
BY: SHELBY SCHILLER
- LOCATION OF TEXAS UNIVERSITY
MASCOT & TRADITIONS
- The mascot is a longhorn named Bevo.
- In 1917, a group of Aggie students branded the first mascot longhorn saying "13 – 0", which was the football game won by Texas A&M. To save face, UT students changed the "13" to "B", the dash to an "E", and inserted a "V" to spell "Bevo". This is how the legendary mascot got his name.
- A common tradition at UT is the "hook 'em horns" symbol you make with your hands
- The traditional colors at UT are orange, white, and black.
- The cost of tuition at UT is $4,899 (roughly $5000)
- Housing is usually $9,272 plus $1,500 Dine In Dollars, and $300 bevo bucks
- The cafeteria has many varieties of food to choose from. They have everything from burgers, pizza, to soups, and salads. You can use Dine In Dollars, Bevo Bucks, or your own money to pay for the meals.
- Cross Country
LEARN MORE ABOUT IT HERE
- The campus life is very lively at UT. There are sororities, fraternities, sports, various clubs to join, music industries to play in, anything you can think of, they will have it.
- The sororities at UT is "Texas Greek".
- There are 24 total sororities.
- 39,979 (about 40,000)
- SAT- (out of 2400) 1837
- GPA-3.42 - 3.78
- UT has tons of facilities. They have pools, gyms, laboratories, libraries, the UT Bell Tower, green houses, dorms, cafeterias, auditoriums, stadiums, etc.