The ABC's of Culture
Created by: Jonathan Dynda
- The flag of Greenland is called Erfabsorpct Ingrenladic meaning "our flag"
- The flag was adopted on June 21,1985
- the design shows the sun reflecting off the ice
H is for History
- The U.S set up several air bases in Greenland
- A viking explorer named Gunnbjorn Ulfsson accidentally landed on Greenland being the first European to see it
- After the war Denmark regain control of Greenland.It became a Danish in 1953
- Greenland has its own government even though it is a danish country
-The voting age for Greenland is 18+
- The parliament is made up of 31 people are elected each 4 years
O is for Outdoors
- Cross country skiing is popular and they are trained by racing down glaciers
- Running is also another popular sport in Greenland
- They have six running marathons each year
- some of the most popular fish are arctic char, cod and salmon, but they eat other meat
- Young kids enjoy homemade sushi with fresh fish everyday
- Green lander families like to share there food and eat outside in the summer
- principle 3 relates that how people cross country ski and they learn
- principle 7 because when WW2 happened the US had to put a air base there so the Nazis don't know they were there
- yes I liked learning about other cultures and i want to do more because i thought greenland had alot of solid land but it dosen't
National Pride image-Flag of Greenland. Photograph. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 4 Jun 2015. http://quest.eb.com/search/170_2984840/1/170_2984840/cite
History image- 82nd Airborne. Photographer. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 4 Jun 2015.
Government image- Warsaw Treaty Organization. Photo. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 4 Jun 2015.
Outdoor image- Cross Country Skiing. Photographer. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 4 Jun 2015.
Yum image- Brooks River salmon grilling at campsite. Photography. Encyclopædia Britannica ImageQuest. Web. 4 Jun 2015. http://quest.eb.com/search/139_1954000/1/139_1954000/cite