Industrial Revolution Inventions: The Car
The Car: a revolutionary invention during the Industrial Revolution. It has become an important part of today's society. Now, what I'm going to be talking about isn't one of these cars, it's about the cars that were made during the Industrial Revolution, and some questions about them.
1) Q: What is your invention? A: Well, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the invention I chose is the car. I don't know why, I've just got this feeling that it's the car.
2) Q: When was it invented? A: The car was invented around 1885-1886.
3) Q: What is it? A: The car is a road vehicle-with the usual number of four wheels-that is powered by a combustion engine, and able to carry a specific amount of people.
Q: What is its purpose? A: The general purpose of the car is to transport multiple people across a travelling distance in a shorter time, and with less effort (walking effort, that is). It can also be used to help transport objects that are too heavy to carry.
4) Q: What are the positive/negative effects it had on people of the US? A: (Positive): Cars allow us to travel large distances within a matter of days. They also allow for easy transport of goods and merchandise from one area to another.
(Negative): One main problem is that it is a major contributor to air pollution, climate changes and the depletion of natural resources, such as fossil fuels. And of course, there's an obvious increase in risk of traffic accidents.
5) Q: Describe how it works. A: It uses an internal combustion engine to rotate the four wheels underneath the car itself, moving it forward. The steering wheel at the driver seat turns the front (or back) wheels left or right to turn the car.
6) Q: What is today's version of your invention? A: There are many different forms of the invention I am showing you. There are Sports cars, Muscle cars, mini vans, trucks, and many more, each one serving its own purpose (Images are located back at the top of this Tackk).
ESSENTIAL QUESTION: 7) Q: What impact did the advance in technology (your invention) have on the conflict between the Northern and Southern parts of the United States? A: The growth of the Automobile Industry caused an economic revolution across the United States. Nothing else impacted society like the car. Freedom of choice encouraged many families to take vacations to places that were impossible before. Urban dwellers were able to rediscover pristine landscapes, just as rural dwellers were now able to shop in towns and cities.