Introduction To Cells
1st Theory: All living things are made up of one or more cells
-All living things have cells
2nd Theory: Cells are the smallest living thing, basic unit of structure and function in living things.
-Cells are alive and they are the smallest living thing.
3rd Theory: Cells are made from other cells.
-Can break apart making more cells.
Characteristics of Living Things:
1. Living things are made up of cells.
2. Living things obtain and use energy.
3. Living things grow and develop.
4. Living things eventually die.
5. Living things adapt or respond to their environment.
Ex: Polar Bears
6. Living things get rid of waste.
Ex: Humans and animals