What is it?
- My project is a wizard staff designed after the Staff of Saruman from Lord of the Rings.
Why did you make it?
- I wanted to see if I could make something that was bigger than the small printing beds, therefor, i would design something that was printed in multiple parts, then put together for a truly monumental display.
What challenges did you face?
- I had a really hard time with the spacing of the fins on the staff head. Each one had to be placed separately, and getting them exactly the same was very hard.
How did you overcome any problems?
- The solution was to wait until most of the other parts of the project were finished, then use the space made by the other parts ton make the measurements more exact.
What did you like/dislike about the project?
- I really liked that I can print certain parts in clear filament so that I can add LED's to give the staff an extra "wow" factor.
- I didn't like that it took so much time to get the fins aligned. What would you do differently?
- If I did this again, I would do nothing differently.