25 Craves of Christmas
Dec. 23: Peanut Butter Blossoms
I'm throwing another cookie recipe into the mix because, let's be honest, you can never really have too many. And if you're obsession with chocolate and peanut butter is anything like mine then you're in luck! Trust me, you don't want to miss out on this sugar coma! (Courtesy of Hershey's Kitchens)
- 48 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Minis
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional granulated sugar
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- 2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- 3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each
- cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Makes about 48 cookies.