Hurricanes: The Ultimate Low Pressure System.
On September 8, 1900 the city of Galveston Texas was hit by one of the worst hurricanes in history. Use the link below to answer the following questions
1. How many people died in the Galveston hurricane?
2. What were the estimated wind speed of the storm?
3. If someone from Galveston says a house "survived the storm", you know what about the house?
4. How old was the Red Cross at the time of the hurricane?
5. What hymn is associated with the orphanage tragedy?