Public Service Announcements
for DANGER ZONE PBL
What makes a PSA good or bad?
Good PSAS are good because they give the facts – what, when, where, who, why – with a minimum of fuss.
Bad PSAS may be bad in form (for example, be too long or violate too many rules), or content (for example, be an advertisement) or both.
^What do you notice about this flyer?^
What do all of the flyers have in common?
- Record student answers
- all for a good cause
- a main point or message
- easy to read with very simple text
- Very big text and they contrast with the background
- they have one or two eye-catching pictures
- Picture matches or emphasizes the message
- Bright, creative, all very simple and to the point.
- SADD Example of Wording
- Drowning Example below:
- Drowsy Driving Example:
What do these radio PSAs have in common?
- Record student answers here
- Music goes along with the problem
- Music pulled on our heart strings
- Music got your attention
- Soft background music
- short and simple
- Catchy message
Talking or Interactive Pics
- Chatterpix Kids -you can animate your pictures, but you will have to use iphone or ipad
- Tellagmi - click for a how to video- You will have to download this as an app on a phone or ipad.
- Voki - talking avatar and works on the web
- Thinglink - can create on app or web- You could even use this as your final presentation with multiple medias! (Example 2)
An example from visual.ly
Created by LISD Teacher Librarian Colleen Graves