Theme 2-Module 2
After completing this module you will be able to:
- List the mild/moderate disabilities covered under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Describe characteristics of a student with learning disabilities.
- Explain how the Response to Instruction Model is used to identify students with disabilities in schools
TO DO List- Due October 1st at 8:00 am
- View FAT City Workshop
- Participate in FAT City Workshop Google Presentation
- Complete IRIS Module on Response to Intervention
- Complete IRIS Module Assessment
- Submit update on Professional Interview on Google Doc
- Annotated Bibliography- due October 8th, you may turn in when ready.
Response to Intervention-IRIS Module
Follow the Response to Intervention Module at the IRIS center. This module outlines how students with mild/moderate disabilities can be identified for services in the school district. The module will discuss the difference between two models that are in practice in our schools today. Once you have completed the entire module, click on the Response to Intervention Assessment to complete the assessment questions. All green buttons are links and will open in a new tab at the top of your browser window.
#2 How Difficult Can this Be?
F.A.T. City Workshop
View the F.A.T. City Workshop. This video can be access in CI Learn/ Blackboard in Theme 2-Module 2. After you have watched the video, share your reflections with your classmates on the Google Slides linked below. I have also posted an optional video "Beyond F.A.T. City" if you are interested.
Professional Interview Updates
#3 Additional Theme 2 Items
Be sure to go to the Theme 2 Final Assignment page and provide an update on your interview in the Google Presentation. Everybody needs to have an update posted by October 2. This is not your final write up, just an update to tell your classmates about your interview.
Second Annotated Bibliography
Your second Annotated Bibliography is due on October 8th. This entry should focus on an article that is related to Theme 2, Mild/Moderate Disabilities (Mental Health, Learning Disabilities, Service Delivery of Special Education, Mild/Moderate Disabilities). You may return to CI Learn to submit the Bibliography like you did for #1 or you may follow this link if you are ready.
Please take a moment to add a comment, relevant photo or video on the Comment Stream below about the module. This is optional, I would like to see how it works.
Click the link above to check your answers to the Mental Health Scavenger Hunt. If you were way off, submit a second response. If you have questions about specific answers post in Q&A Forum.