Instant feedback with one iPad
Only one iPad in a classroom of 25, 30, or 50? Need a quick way to get feedback without everyone being on one device? Try Plickers! Plickers is a powerfully simple tool that lets teachers collect real-time formative assessment data without the need for student devices.
What is Plickers?
Plickers is a formative assessment app that allows you to easily and quickly gain feedback from your students. With the app, website, and Plickers cards, you can change the way assessment is done in your classroom.
What do I need to get started?
How it works?
Each student (up to 63 students) answers using a pre-coded card. Each card is different but all have answer choices A, B, C, and D labeled. When a student is ready to answer, they hold the card with answer choice on top (facing teacher). Using the app and built-in camera, scan over the students cards and the app does the rest. It's that easy!
Before you begin using Plickers, you will need to create classes. Follow the next steps to create a class:
- Login to Plickers.com
- Click Classes
- Click Add new class
- Enter Basic class information on next screen and click Save
- Enter students first and last name and press Enter on keyboard (there is a bulk option available)
- Repeat for as many classes as needed.
Now that you had added classes, you will need to create a bank of questions in the Library section. You can add Multiple Choice or True/False questions. Follow these steps to add questions:
- Type or paste your question in the space provided
- Choose your question type
- Enter your answer choices
- Choose the correct answers
- Click Save
- Choose the class you want the question to be applied to (you can add the question to multiple classes at this time).
Assigning Question to Classes
This video will demonstrate how to add questions from the Library to particular Classes.