- A squirrel travels 20 ft. per second to get it's food. The squirrel stops at 200 ft. to eat and rest.
- An independent variable is a variable that is not changing.
- The independent variable in my problem is the time in minutes.
- An independent variable is a variable that depends on the other factor.
- The dependent variable in my problem is the distance in feet because it depends on how much minutes has passed.
- A constant is something occurring continuously over a period of time.
- The constant in my problem is 200 ft. per minute.
- Equation: 20s=d
s = time in seconds
d= distance in feet
- The graph is moving at a constant rate because as the seconds are passing, the squirrel is going further away from it's home.