A User's Guide to Proface
by Maria R.
What is Proface?
Proface is a digital media website dedicated to the connections of people who may not live very close to each other. Proface has been designed to collaborate groups of people so who you are recommended to follow are users who share similar interests as you. On Proface, you can send messages, post updates and photos, and post on other peoples' walls. Those who are following you, you do not have to follow; this allows for easy, filtered news feeds with only desirable posts.
How to Sign Up For Proface
1. Type "proface.com" into the search bar and click enter. You will be taken to the website.
2. Click on "Login/Sign Up."
3. Type in a username, password, your full name and personal information.
4. When done, click "Submit." You are now signed up for Proface!
How to Post a Status Update
1. Make sure you are logged in and click on the "My Profile" bar.
2. Click on "News Feed" and a status bar will pop up. Type desired text. Click on the photo icon to post a photo. Tag other users by using "@" and their username.
3. Press "Post."
How to Post on Another User's Wall
1. Type user's full name or username into the "search" bar.
2. Click on their name.
3. Click "News Feed" and a status bar will pop up. Type desired text. Click on the photo icon to post a photo. Tag the user in a status update on your profile to have it appear on their wall if you do not choose this method.
How to Adjust Privacy Settings
1. On the left side, click on "Settings."
2. Click "Privacy.'
3. Adjust the settings. To make your account private, press "Private." To make your posts only accessible to your followers, press "Only Followers."