25 Craves of Christmas
Dec. 9: Puppy Chow
Muddy Buddies, Puppy Chow--the name may change but the love for this treat is the same wherever you go. This is a holiday snack you cannot miss out on. This is the perfect sweet to satisfy your sweet tooth and get you through the last few days of finals! Caution: Do not feed to to dogs :) (Courtesy of Chex)
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- 2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- 3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.