Presented by: Stephanie Jernigan, Digital Learning Specialist FBISD #TCEA2016
What is tackk?
Tackk is a place to create, collaborate, and connect with other people. Create awesome web content with no design or web page creation background. Tackk also allows for flexibility in education by making it possible to create without signing up or logging in! Let's take a look at this short video to become more familiar with Tackk.
- What is Tackk?
- Technology Applications TEKS
- Tackk in the Classroom/Managing Student Projects
- App Smashing with Tackk
- Content Specific Lesson Ideas
- Basic Tackk Demonstration (Interface, Formatting, and Editing)
- Create your own Tackk!
Technology Applications TEKS
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Research and Information Fluency
- Digital Citizenship
- Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Technology Operations and Concepts
Tackkboards allow you to collect tackks based on category, teacher, or subject. For example, if I wanted to collect all the student tackks from my World Geography class, but wanted them separated into course sections or periods, I could have all of my first period students tag their tackks with #worldgeo1. All of the Tackks from my first period World Geography class will appear on the same board.
The easiest way to search for tackkboards is by using the url tackk.com/board/yourtag.
There are lots of possibilities when it comes to the media that you can embed in a Tackk. You have a choice of over 300 types of media to embed! Let's take a look at just a few of the different types that you and your students can utilize.
In this tackk demonstration i will show the following:
- Signing up and logging in
- Tackk Interface
- Creating a new Tackk
- Text and background options
- Adding content
- Options and sharing