A little more information on the things you thought you knew about.
What is Identity Theft?
- Identity theft is when someone pretends to be you by stealing your information, which could includes: your social security number, your credit card, your address, etc.
What could the thief do with your information?
- Ruin your credit
- Buy credit cards
- Take out money
- Get medical care
- Pretend to be you & so much more
How Can you Prevent Identity theft?
- Watch your personal belongings
- Be careful where you purchase items with your credit or debit cards.
- Do NOT tell anyone your pin number or any personal information.
- Make your passwords hard for any one to guess.
- Shop only on secure websites.
- Have a security program on your computer.
- Shred papers!
- Don't give out your social security number.
- Check your credit.