THE WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, AND WHY
Goals/Objectives for Today
- Read about other teacher’s uses of the flipped classroom – learn what works, what doesn’t, best practices, and lessons learned from some of today’s leading flipped instruction teacher-advocates, and from other teachers much like yourself
- Get hands-on and flip some of your own content using existing lessons.
- Try out some free screencasting tools, and learn techniques for creating high quality, engaging screencasts.
- Learn about other approaches to creating and delivering flipped class content
- Understand the considerations you need to be aware of when you flip the classroom, including how to use class time, and techniques to help ensure that students consume the flipped materials
- Share your ideas and insights, interact with other educators, and learn from each other
- Develop your personal plan to incorporate flipped instruction techniques into your teaching
- Learn of more resources available to continue your flipped teaching and learning journey
- Discover how Arkansas is moving to a Virtual Classroom and how it relates to a Flipped Classroom.
AGENDA FOR THE DAY
9:00 - 9:30 Virtual Arkansas, Online Course and Act1280
9:00 - 9:30 What is Flipped Learning? Pros and Cons
9:30 - 10:30 Planning Stages - Lesson Planning
10:30 - 10:45 Break
10:45 - 11:30 Shared Lessons Learned
11:30 - 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 1:30 How to Get the Kids OnBoard
1:30 - 2:00 Tools and Tips to Get You Started
2:00 - 3:00 Delivery Time! Break Time, Too!
3:00 - 3:30 Other Resources to Help you Flip Your Classroom
3:30 - 4:00 Closing Remarks, Lessons Learned