- Comfortable Soft hand.
- Good absorbency.
- Color retention.
- Prints well.
- Good strength.
- Drapes well.
–Tumble dry at moderate temperatures
–Press with warm to hot iron
- Shirts, blouses
- Towels, sheets
- Natural insulator; warmest of all natural fibers
- Soft and resilient
- Naturally flame retardant
- Absorbs moisture more slowly than cotton
- Shrinks if machine washed or dried unless chemically treated
Affected by moths
- Remove soil and dirt from wool sweaters by brushing with a garment brush. ...
- Treat stains on wool sweaters immediately to prevent setting. ...
- Make a stencil of the sweater's original shape
- Use a mild detergent to wash wool. ...
- Rinse the sweater thoroughly with cool water to remove all the detergent.
–Durable and strong
–Lustrous and smooth
–Comfortable and cool to wear
–Creases difficult to remove
–Can be expensive
–Hand wash or dry clean (according to garment label)
–Iron while damp
–Luxurious appearance and feel
–Strongest of all natural fibers
–Easily spots if fabric becomes wet
–Weakens with exposure to sun and perspiration
–Dry clean or hand wash (according to garment directions)
–Press on wrong side with warm iron
Leather is used for: