Announcing the next best app to be used in B109
StumbleUpon app and the classroom
How can I use it? When will i use it?
StumbleUpon is a web searching tool that provides content for you based on interests. According to ReadWrite.com, "StumbleUpon is for those times you just want the Internet to show you things. You don't want to search, you don't want to browse, you just want wonderful things to appear. Or maybe you feel like you're in a rut, just hitting the same old sites over and over. If you can manage to type in "stumbleupon.com" and hit Enter, you've already accomplished the hard part."
Edudemic.com explains how, " Using StumbleUpon is a great way to find new material to keep your curriculum fresh and interesting. Giving a lecture on the solar system tomorrow morning? Spend a few minutes ‘stumbling’ through the Astronomy category to discover recent news, amazing photos, helpful studies and up-to-the-minute topics for class discussion."
Our Class Uses StumbleUpon to:
- Find lesson ideas, find videos
- look for new trends in classroom management
- search for movies about character
- look up recipes for our Connections class
- search for math terms
- look up fun activities for practicing using formulas in Geometry
- look up financial education resources
- find articles to read rather than watching music videos on YouTube!