by Jayk Sweet
use superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.and to have power over someone and if they don't do what they ask they get called names or hit.
- 1. Over 3.2 million students are victims of bullying each year.
- 2. Approximately 160,000 teens skip school every day because of bullying.
- 3. 17% of American students report being bullied 2 to 3 times a month or more within a school semester. Take a stand in your community by hosting a bye bye bullies event customizing your school’s anti-bullying policy.
- 4. 1 in 4 teachers see nothing wrong with bullying and will only intervene 4% of the time.
- 5. By age 14 less than 30% of boys and 40% of girls will talk to their peers about bullying.
how it happens
physical– hitting, kicking, pinching, punching, scratching, spitting or any other form of physical attack. Damage to or taking someone else’s belongings may also constitute physical bullying.
verbal – offensive name calling, insults, racist remarks, sexist or homophobic jokes, teasing, threats, using sexually suggestive or abusive language.
Indirect – spreading nasty stories/rumors about someone, intimidation, exclusion from social groups.
what are symptoms/signs
There are many warning signs that may indicate that someone is affected by bullying—either being bullied or bullying others. Recognizing the warning signs is an important first step in taking action against bullying. Not all children who are bullied or are bullying others ask for help.
It is important to talk with children who show signs of being bullied or bullying others. These warning signs can also point to other issues or problems, such as depression or substance abuse. Talking to the child can help identify the root of the problem.
who tries to help
pretty much all the people except the bullies like parents police friends teachers
why it is it important for people to know about my topic
so it can stop.Because a lot of people are bullying and it is now illegal over the internet and in person even verbal is illegal.How can you help, well you can help by stopping the persons like saying that is wrong.You can also help by telling you parents or you school teachers or principle.i hope it will stop in the future.