Shared Curriculum Repository for LPS and the World
Curriki is "an online community for creating and sharing curricula and teaching best practices." Liberty Public Schools will be using Curriki on the LPS L.E.A.D.S http://tutorials.liberty.k12.mo.us/ site as a repository for:
- Instructional Tutorials and "How to" content...
- Uploading Lesson Plans and Ideas
- Staff, Student, and Parent Digital Resources
How do I use Curriki?
What Can Be Uploaded?
Contributions vs. Collections
"Contributions" allow you to upload content in individual chunks that you can remix and reuse by creating and sharing "Collections".
Contributions = Individual files/videos/resource links
Collections = Folders of contributions
How do I get started?
Staff will use their student Google Sign-in and can join the LPS Staff group by accepting the email invite or clicking on "Join" on the L.E.A.D.S. website. Select the "Curriki Search" button to get started:
Adding Contributions and Collections
You can upload your own content to Curriki and tag contributions and collections with descriptive words to help in the search process.
- Tags can only be ONE word.
- You can add multiple tags to the same contribution or collection.
- If you want to add more than one object (link, document, video, etc.) you should start by selecting and uploading to a 'collection'. A contribution is only one object with written descriptive text.
Below is a Table of Contents for tutorial videos to help you in the get started with the upload process.
What can educators do with Curiki?
Build a Personal Library - organize and share lesson plans and units of instruction.
Find Resources - search by subject, grade, topic uploaded to the LHS Staff group and beyond.
Contribute Resources - this is a global community where give and take is encouraged!
Connect with other Educators - remix other's ideas and resources to create new content.
“By bringing together people who share interests, no matter their location or time zone, social media has the potential to transform the workplace into an environment where learning is as natural as it is powerful.”