What is the value in a good essential question?
Book Study Chapter 3 Agenda
- In content based groups, peruse the EQs provided. Then, individually, choose the most valuable EQ on the list.
- In small groups, discuss Chapter 3 and the video through the lens of our book study's essential question.
- As a whole group, practice unpacking standards and developing EQs from standards.
- In mixed content groups, share EQs and/or units. Evaluate EQs; develop EQs for units.
- As a whole group, discuss connections with UbD, EQs, and assessment philosophy.
Homework: Read Chapter 4 and select ONE idea from Chapter 4 that you'd like to incorporate into a lesson or lessons in the next month. You don't need to implement, just to determine what idea you will implement.