QAS Blog Quick Reference Guide
- Go to your blog site: www.qasblogs.com/(lastname)/wp-admin
- Enter your username and password
- Sign In
Use pages to post homework assignments or links to on going activities for your students.
1. Click the "Pages" tab
2. Click the "Add New" sub-tab
3. Start filling in the blanks: enter your page title in the upper field, and enter your page content in the main editing box below it.
4. When you are ready, click "Publish", or "Update"
- Click the “Add Media” button in the post
- Upload the images/files you wish to insert, or paste the URL
- Click “Insert into Post”
- More info: http://codex.wordpress.org/Inserting_Images_into_Posts_and_Pages
- Youtube/Vimeo/TED- copy and paste the “share” link
- Google Forms and other “Embed”-able files: get “embed” link and paste in the “text” tab of post.
Create a Hyperlink
1. Copy/paste or type the link you want into the blog or page text.
2. Highlight the link and click on the symbol above in your wordpress toolbar.
Insert a Google Calendar
To create a calendar in your blog, you need to create the calendar in google calendar. Once you create and embed the calendar, you will only need to update the calendar in google. It will automatically update on the blog.
- Log into your Google account and open the Calendar page.
- Click on "Create" and create a new calendar and name it for your class.
- Click on the arrow next to your calendar name and "Calendar Settings" from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Share this Calendar tab.
- Check the Make this calendar public check box and click on the Save button.
- A warning dialog box will appear and ask if you’re sure you would like to make your calendar available to the public. Click Yes and you will be directed back to the main calendar page.
- Open Calendar settings again (see Step 3). Make sure you are on the Calendar Details tab.
- Lower on the Calendar Details page, you will find a section titled “Embed This Calendar.” Copy the entire embed code that begins with “<iframe src.”
- From your WordPress editor, edit the page or post on your site where you want to embed your Google Calendar.
- Paste the iFrame code directly into your HTML editor. (You can switch between the Visual and HTML editors using the tab at the top-right of the editing box.)
- Publish or save the changes you made to your page or post.