By: Joseph Johnson
A video editor manipulates raw video footage and/or video clips and combines them into a sequence to create a final product.
A similar job compared with video editing is spread world-wide from news broadcasting, tv shows, advertisements, commercials, movies, youtube videos, etc.
Their duties are usually:
1. Cut shot sequences to different angles at specific points in scenes, which makes each individual cut as fluid and seamless as possible.
2. Study scripts to become familiar with production concepts and requirements.
3. Edit films and videotapes to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, which arranges films into sequences and corrects errors by using editing equipment.
4. Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene in order to form a more logical and smooth running story.
5. Mark frames where the particular shot or piece of sound is to begin or end.
6.Determines the specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete films.