This #Tackk is due on Monday, March 16th when you come to class so make sure it's complete and published.
1. Define the three types of rocks: sedimentary, metamorphic, igneous.
2. Give me an example (name of rock) for each type of rock.
3. Define stratification.
4. Find a picture of stratification in rocks.
5. Explain how the age of landforms can be estimated by studying the number and thickness of rock layers, as well as fossils found within rock layers. BE VERY SPECIFIC
6. Find a picture of the rock cycle and insert.
7. Younger layers of sedimentary rocks are usually on top of older layers. Hypothesize what geologic events could have caused huge blocks of horizontal sedimentary layers to be tipped or older rock layers to be on top of younger rock layers.
8. List several ways that living organisms have shaped landforms (e.g., coral islands, limestone deposits, oil and coal deposits).
9. Find a video on YouTube.com that is LESS than 3 minutes in length that covers the Rock Cycle.