Biography Project for Mrs. Hemry's 8th grade Language Arts class
Made by J.S. 7th Hour
David James Pelzer born December 29, 1960 in San Francisco California
Significant Events that influenced Dave's life
David James Pelzer born December 29, 1960 in San Francisco California.
- His Very Brutal case of abuse.
- The publishing of his Book (A Child Called It).
Dave Did not have much of a child hood he was abused severely from ages 4 to 12. Dave's mother was an alcoholic thats would go as far as to stab and make Dave drink ammonia. Dave's father was around for most of this but did nothing to stop but he wasn't part of it.
People Who Influenced Daves Life
- His mother (Catherine Pelzer) - Abused him so often he wrote 5 books ( Best Selling).
- His teachers (4) - Saved him from his mother.
- His Foster Parents - Helped care for him and inspired him to live his life the way he does.
- Dave Was Part Of the Us air force.
- Dave does inspirational Speeches Not about abuse but about learning to live with what is thrown at you.
- A Child Called It (1995)
- The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family (1997)
- A Man Named Dave: A Story of Triumph and Forgiveness (2000)
- Help Yourself (2001)
- The Privilege of Youth (2004)
- Help Yourself for Teens (2005)
- Moving Forward (2009)
Dave's words taught me...
Dave's words taught me that things may get harder but they will get easier but only if you make that way. You have to tell yourself if i can get thorough this i can get through the rest of my life.