Networking in Action
Spreading the Aloha Network Spirit since July 1999
"Networking is simply the cultivating of mutually beneficial, give and take, win-win relationships. It works best, however, when emphasizing the 'give' part."
Networking is the life blood for consultants. Thanks to networking, I have gotten several of my former co-workers well-paying jobs. With this, I have found that networking can serve as a vital instrument in helping anyone find a job that matches up with their particular skill set. Despite this, I have found that some people
may be generally discouraged to take on the world of networking due to some
discouraging myths. According to Career Builders (http://www.careerbuilder.com/Article/CB-585-Getting-Hired-7-Networking-Myths-Fact-or-Fiction/)
some of the myths that has led most people to come to erroneous conclusions
about networking include it being time-consuming, bothersome for those who are
contacted for help, and the idea that online networking is nowhere near as
effective as face-to-face interaction. Though the Career Builder’s article
disputes these myths, I could also vouch for this article from personal
experience from networking with those who are in need for looking for a
Job Leads for YOU!
- Optim Consultant. Duration: +3 month Gig. Start: ASAP. Location: McLean, VA. Setup Optim Environment, Install Optim in Non-Production and Production environments, Define SOP for the installation and operations.
- Senior Consultant, Capital Markets - Looking for candidates to join a Northern Virginia Consulting Company - Skills seeking: Experience across Corporate Treasury Functions, Treasury system implementation, Exposure and knowledge of financial derivatives. Job Site: NYC or Northern VA
- Consultant, Capital Markets. Job Location NYC. Candidate should have 5 to 7 years experience on large scale financial trade systems upgrades and implementations. Required experience: Project Management, Business Analysis, Fixed Income Finance, Middle Office, Derivatives.
- Summit/Derivatives SME. Job Location: NYC. Candidate should have senior business Analyst background. Also a Derivatives Subject Matter Expert. Recent Summit system experience.
- Capital Markets Manager. Job Location: NYC. is looking for a Senior Manager to play a key role in the growth and development of the Capital Markets practice based in New York City. The manager will be largely responsible for strategy, growth, and client delivery for the firm’s growing Capital Markets practice. The ideal candidate will have professional services/consulting experience, broad capital markets, asset management, solid systems technologies knowledge, and credible experience with large scale business transformation, M&A projects and a proven track record for leading consulting engagements and growing a practice.
People Looking Work
- Mark Lemberger(Project Manager/Business Analyst). Current Location: Denver , CO. Looking for: Business Analyst/PM position (Will consider opportunities outside of Colorado). Skill Set: Skilled IT professional with depth and breadth of experience covering various areas, including development of Foreclosure Management systems, Mortgage AUS/ LOS/POS systems, Asset Management systems; Web Based System implementations; Project Management; Workflow Analysis; Agile and Waterfall methodologies. I provide the ability to integrate, coordinate and manage the different phases of software delivery. Contact Information: MLemberger@comcast.net Linkedin profile: www.linkedin.com/in/markalemberger
- James McEldowney (Operation Analyst) Current Location: New York City, NY. Looking for: Financial position. Skill Set: Supported long-term and short-term desks in syndication of new municipal issues. Contact Information: email@example.com Linkedin profile: www.linkedin.com/pub/mceldowney-james/9/540/2ba
- Derrick Costa (recent college graduate). Current Location: Ashburn, VA. Looking for: any entry-level job that matches up with his English BA. Skill Set: Professional in oral and written communication, tutoring experience, adept in researching various topics, proficient in a variety of computer programs, cashiering, assisting customers, skilled in various social media applications, up-selling, troubleshooting, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills. Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org Linkedin profile: www.linkedin.com/pub/derrick-costa/44/8a0/730
- Vanessa Gonzalez (Analyst) . Current Location: Bethesda, MD Looking for: Business Analyst position. Skill Set: Over ten years of
experience in constructing quality business processes to support
internal/external requirements, analysis of risk and identification,
documentation, testing and reporting on internal controls over financial reporting. Experience spans both the private and public
sectors. Contact Information: email@example.com
- Tom Phillips . Current Location: Denver, CO Looking for:
Project Manager position. Skill Set: Infrastructure Management, End-to-end Project Oversight, Process Redesign, Access Control Management. Contact Information: TPhill6135@aol.com Linkedin profile: www.linkedin.com/pub/tom-phillips/7/29b/bb8/
- Shahin Khan . Current Location: Sterling, VA Looking for:
Project Manager/Program Manger position. Skill Set: Total of 20+ years of IT experience that includes first seven years of system analysis, development, design and architecture work involving mainframe, client-server, J2EE, .Net and Web Applications and 13+ years of client, budget, tasks, risk/issue, resource and stakeholder management for programs and projects. Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org Linkedin profile: www.linkedin.com/in/shahinkhan
- Andy Vudhipao. Current Location: Vienna, VA Looking for:
Website development position. Skill Set: web programming, user centered design, network security, analysis of information systems, human factors in system design, online application development, information security risk in the
digital age, networks and telecommunications, object oriented programming, database management systems, accounting, economics, entrepreneurship. Contact Information: email@example.com