WBS Library Summer Reading Challenge
Summer is finally here - a time to relax and spend time with family and friends. Summer is also a great opportunity for students to continue reading and to catch up on the reading he/she did not have time for during the school year. We'd like to help out by offering a summer reading incentive program called Camp Read S'more. We hope you will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity.
How it works
Complete as many of the reading challenges listed below as you can and turn them in to Mrs. Medlicott when you return to school. All S'mores will be placed into a drawing to earn a special prize. Deadline to submit your entry is September 4, 2015.
Camp Read S'more Challenges
- Read a book about cooking. Find a new recipe, read it with an adult and make it. Write about how it tasted or something you would add.
- Read a non-fiction book about an animal. Draw a picture of the animal. Write about where the animal lives.
- Read a book about a sport. Try playing the sport with your family. Write down three things you need to play this sport.
- Read a book about camping. Build a campfire with an adult. Write down the name of a campground or park that is close to your house.
- Read a book about flowers or gardening. Plant a flower or vegetable with an adult. Write directions for how to plant a flower or vegetable.
- Read a book about nature. Go for a nature walk and listen for sounds. Write down 3 sounds that you heard.
What are you reading this summer?
This is a space to add pictures, reviews, and reflections about your summer reading. Click on the green button below to share what you are reading with your WBS family.