Hawai`i Community College
Tuesday, April 30, 2016 at 4:00 PM
You must login to your hawaii.edu account and complete the sign-up form
- Graduated from Hawai`i Community College in Summer or Fall 2015 OR expecting to graduate from Hawai`i Community College in Spring 2016
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Able to effectively represent the graduating class
- Prepare a 3-minute graduation speech.
- Consider the audition as though it is your actual performance.
- No microphone will be used at the auditions.
- Note cards may be used during the audition (however, avoid reading your speech to the audience)
- Auditions will be evaluated on CONTENT and EFFECTIVENESS OF DELIVERY (see below for details)
- Appropriateness for Commencement
The purpose of this ceremony is to honor our students and to provide the opportunity for them to celebrate their degree candidacy with family and friends. The speech should be respectful of all attendees (including family and friends) and congratulatory in nature.
- Relevance and significance
- A well-organized, clear and concise message
- Intelligence, creativity and originality
The content should be easily understood by those inside and outside the college. While the primary audience is your fellow classmates, please remember that family and friends will be in attendance.
2) Effectiveness of Delivery
- Delivery within the time specified
Three (3) minutes is the maximum time allowed. You will be timed.
- Connection with the audience, stage presence, eye contact
- Eloquence of delivery, appropriate volume
- Energy and personality
- Formal, yet conversational delivery style
- Grammatically correct
Sign up for an Audition
Website for audition sign up: http://goo.gl/forms/Hgjbq1Deop
# HawaiiCC #Graduation