Acupuncture Therapy – Things To Do While You Are Getting Treatment
Acupuncture happens to be one of the most trusted and celebrated alternative treatment options available for a variety of medical conditions. It is also considered to be one of the best therapies to depend upon in case you are looking for a means to complement and supplement your ongoing mainstream treatment. This technique allows your body to develop its natural healing powers and respond to medicines and therapies better. But there are certain dos and don’ts that you will have to follow in order to get the best results from acupuncture. Let us see what they are.
Things you should be doing
• Make sure you have had a little something to eat before you actually go down to visit your acupuncture therapist.
• Be completely honest with your therapist. Let them know if you've had alcohol, tobacco or caffeine (as these substances change your diagnostic signs)
• Make sure you arrive at least 15 minutes earlier before the beginning of your session. Acupuncture is about relaxation as well and it will do you no good if you are in a rushed state of mind.
• Urinate before your appointment and before you get into the treatment room
• Loose fitting clothing will be the best option for acupuncture therapy. It will simply facilitate you in managing the sessions.
• Typical treatment sessions can last anywhere between an hour to around two hours. In most cases, you will be spending at least a half hour in the clinic and another half on the table for your needle retention time.
• Relaxed is the best mindset to go with into an acupuncture session. You will have to understand that the therapist will not be able to help you much. This is why any rushed and anxious feelings should be removed from your mind. A great way to achieve that will be by turning off your cell phone.
• You should pay close attention to any changes that begin to show up in your body after the treatment has commenced. Think of realistic goals to set for the course of acupuncture (I would consider 50% improvement in pain/symptom level and/or 50% improvement in function level to be "realistic" for a course of 6-10 treatments)
• Your acupuncture therapist will also recommend that you refrain from smoking at least during the time you are taking the treatment. The habit of smoking will only work against your goal of letting your body heal itself.
• Some of the things you should watch out for are changes in your symptom, decrease or increase in the amount of pain or discomfort you are experiencing, Whether the pain has moved, changed in quality or frequency and any other effects that might have come up as a result of the treatment. These will help your therapist understand your progress better.
Just follow these simple tips to get the most from your treatment. Seasonsinourlife.com is the one website you can trust for the very best services of acupuncture in Bethesda, MD. Be sure to check it out.
About The Author
Kate Ryan is an expert in Chinese medicine and acupuncture who also likes to write many interesting articles and blogs about the field helping people understand these medical alternatives better. She recommends SeasonsInOurLife.com as the best and most trusted clinic for Acupuncture in Bethesda, MD