By KAren Cornejo
- Henrico County area in square miles is 280
- Henrico's Population is 306,912(since 2010)
Description of Population
- Henrico is as urban area with one of the first school divisions in the country to start Teaching and Learning Initiative. In partnership with our citizens, Henrico County Government is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all our residents
- Henrico County is the only county in Virginia that uses County Manager Form. There is an elected Board of Supervisors, which is the policy-making body, and an appointed County Manager, who is the administrative head of government. Henrico County is organized by the circuit court.
- The Board of Supervisors has five members
- The Board of Supervisors are elected for four-year terms.
- The Board of Supervisors is the policy-making body of the County.
- Human Resource Provide professional personnel services
- Human Resources is an arm of the County Manager’s Office
- It has eight divisions provide a multitude of services, programs and functions for Henrico County’s general government workforce of over 4,000 employees.
- Public Utilities Provide services in the areas of waste management, refuse collection, recycling, litter control, street lighting, water distribution, and sewage collection and treatment.
- Public Utilities provide drinking water
- They collects wastewater from
residential, commercial, and industrial customers
Water, Sewer, and Refuse Services
- Water, Sewer, and Refuse Collection services are provided by the Department of Public Utilities.
- They make sure our water is clean.
- They also do trash pickup
- Community Maintenance works through communication, education, and volunteer to make Henrico healthier and a safer environment for everyone.
- They also try to help out in the community by doing volunteer work.
- Mental Health & Developmental Service
- We serve people experiencing the effects of or at risk for mental illness, intellectual disability, substance abuse, and children with developmental delay.
- Henrico Area Mental Health & Developmental Services promotes dignity, recovery and self-sufficiency in the lives of the people we serve.
- Henrico county was founded in 1634
- Henrico county was named for Henricus
- Meadow Farm Museum
- Meadow Farm, one of the last remaining 19th-century farms in Henrico County, Virginia, is now an 1860 living history farm focusing on middle-class rural life just before the upheaval of the Civil War.
- Costumed interpreters provide insights into the lives of Dr. John Mosby Sheppard, the owner of Meadow Farm, and his family.
"Maps." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Feb. 2014
Works Cited"Application for Water, Sewer, and Refuse Services." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014."Community Maintenance." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014."Henrico County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau." Henrico County QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Feb. 2014."Henrico County, Virginia." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 02 Sept. 2014. Web. 09 Feb. 2014."Maps." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Feb. 2014."Meadow Farm Museum." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014."Mental Health & Developmental Services." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014.N.p., n.d. Web."Public Utilities." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014."Services." County of Henrico. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Feb. 2014.