You should go see a doctor with experience in HIV and AIDS as SOON as possible. It is NOT recommended to wait. This doctor will run tests to see how well your immune system and antibodies are working and how fast the HIV is progressing and your body's health in general. With all these information your doctor and you will work to develop the most accurate treatment plan for you, including when and how to begin treatment. HIV drugs can help slow down or prevent the progression of HIV to AIDS. If it's left untreated it can lead to extreme illness or death.

There's a lot of organism or ways that can help you deal emotionally and physically with your illness. These are some examples:

- You can ask your doctor about local HIV/AIDS support groups or ask for help of a psychologist for mental health support or clinical social worker.

- You can find chat rooms online to discuss.

- You can find a hotline in the yellow pages under "AIDS, HIV Educational Referral and Support Services" or" Social Service Organization". The people that will answer the phone call and that work there can provide you with practical advice or emotional support.

Informing the people that you have been sexual active with might be something embarrassing but they deserve to know that you are HIV positive because they might also be infected.   You might feel guilt towards the situation and there's a high possibility that your sexual partner will react in a bad way but you have to remember how you first felt when you learn you were HIV-positive. You can also announce them with the presence of your doctor to make the situation less tense.


**Morse, Jody. What to Do Once You've Been Diagnosed as HIV Positive.Yahoo Contributor Network, Jun. 2007. Web. 24 Apr. 2014.

**CFA: The Center for AIDS – Information & Advocacy. 25 things you need to do if you have HIV. 2011. PDF file.

Comment Stream