HYDROGEN goes BOOM!
Going to a new planet? Don't know what element to pack? Pack HYDROGEN!
What is Hydrogen?
Hydrogen is the first element on the Periodic Table. It has 1 electron, 1 proton and not neutrons therefore it is the lightest and wont take up much space in your bag. Since it is a non-metal it wont make the metal detectors go off when it goes through security. It is found in group 1, period 1 on the periodic table..
How will it help you?
Hydrogen is an explosive element. You could use it to blow away an enemy or unwanted guests. Hydrogen is also used in water. Water is vital for your survival. Hydrogen is also a source for energy. You can use it to run a car or house. Lastly, hydrogen can convert oil into margarine.
- Boiling Point: -259.14 °C
- Melting Point: -252.87 °C
Rank 'em explination:
Biological Need- Hydrogen isn't good by itself you need an element like oxygen for water in order for it to be consumable.
Social Need- Many people would want hydrogen to be mixed with oxygen so that's why I gave it a 3.
Functional need- You can use for a hydrogen powered car or a hydrogen bomb.
Defensive need- You can use hydrogen as a bomb to blow away enemies.
- Car picture- http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/103452,11067/2006-Mazda-RX-8-Hydrogen_photo.aspx
- Hydrogen Explosion picture - http://pearlsofprofundity.wordpress.com/2012/12/page/2/
- Hydrogen Bohr model picture- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen
- Information- http://www.chemicalelements.com/elements/h.html and http://www.wisegeek.org/what-are-some-uses-of-hydrogen.htm