Lily Becker Period. 2
Omaha Zoo Trip May 1st 2014
The adventures to the Omaha zoo!
Common Headline: Black Clown fish Scientific Name: Amphiprioninae
Biome: Marine/Fresh and Salt Water Home/Range/Habitat: Coral Reef
Species Adaptations: Fish Adaptation:
1) Has more rounded caudal fins 1) All fish have gills
2) mucus which coats the body. 2) All have backbone
3)To be immune to the sting of anemone. 3) are all coldblooded.
4) coloring warns of other predatorss 4) They all live in water.
5) It can "Bleach" itself to blend. 5) Most have scales.
Common Name: Panamanian golden frog Scientific Name: Atelopus zeteki
Biome: Rainforests Home Range/Habitat: Streams and Mountains.
AMPHIBIAN ADAPTATIONS SPECIES ADAPTATIONS
1)All amphibians can survive in both water and land. 1)Produce some toxins
2) they can all swim 2)females lay sensitive eggs.
3)Long powerful legs that swim very we 3)Poison their prey before they feast on it.
4) Most have scales 4)Endangered
5) All born in water, 5)Females are twice the size of males.
Common Name: American Alligator Scientific Name: Alligator mississippiensis
Biome: slow-moving rivers and marshes
Home range/ Habitat: Freshwater swamps, marshes, rivers, lakes, and occasionally, smaller bodies of water (Native to North America)
SPECIES ADAPTATIONS REPTILE ADAPTATIONS
1)a powerful tail to act as a rudder in water 1) Poor Eyesight
2)webbed and clawed feet for swimming 2) camouflage to avoid predators
3)massive jaw closing muscles for feeding 3)All cold- blooded
4)a protective, armor plated skin-and 4)employ behavioral adaptations in order to a distinctive form of camouflage regulate body temp.
5)Alligators eyes, ears, and nostrils are 5) All have scales
all positioned on top of their head.
Common Name: Scarlet Macaw Scientific Name: Ara macao
Biome: South America Home Range/Habitat: Evergreen Forests
BIRD ADAPTATIONS SPECIES ADAPTATIONS
1) All have Feathers 1)strong beak to crush the seeds and nuts
2) Each one has a beak to determine 2) Omnivore which bird they are
3) Every bird has wings 3)have sharp talons for grabbing hold of branches.
4) Each has 4 chambered heart 4) Fly in groups
5) Light Skeleton 5) Communicate through loud screams or squawks.
Common Name:Sun Bear Scientific Name: Helarctos malayanus
Biome: Southeast Asia. Home Range/Habitat:Tropical forest
MAMMAL ADAPTATIONS SPECIES ADAPTATIONS
1)warm blooded 1)Sun bears have large paws
2)nurse their babies and they 2)have a long tongue to stick
bear live young ones into beehives to get honey,
3)hair growing on their bodies 3)coarse coats that prevent rain from getting to their skin
4)heart has 4 chambers 4)loose skin around their necks
5) females produce milk to feed 5)Short hair allows them to survive
their young. in a hotter environment